SponsoredTweets referral badge

Friday, April 1, 2016

A Is For Apps (Like Agar.io And Alchemy), An #AToZChallenge 2016 Post

Guess who's Biz-ack? Long time no see right? Well, things have been crazy for me lately. I'll get into what's been up with me in a post real soon...maybe. Here's a short version if you're impatient: my main problem is I've been somewhat focused distracted, by that I mean I've been focused on doing so much, I'm not accomplishing as much as I want to accomplish. I'm trying to read tons of books while finishing my first 2 books, start another business because while my blogs do provide some income I don't have enough readers to mainly just blog plus I'm not blogging enough to gain more readers because of other endeavors. 

Whatever.

At least I'm blogging now and I ain't even got to the topic yet. You see what I mean by distracted. Well, the gist of this A To Z Challenge is every Monday through Friday in April, bloggers like myself will write one post a day for every letter in the alphabet. Today's the first day so today's letter is A. 

For my A post, I've decided to write about one of my other biggest distractions: apps. These mobile phone applications are now multi-million dollar industries in their own right. Don't believe me? Just Google how much money Fb paid for Instagram, or how much they were willing to pay Twitter back when Twitter first got started to buy that app. Or think about the fact that recently Nintendo and Sony's Playstation division both are putting out apps on mobile phones now and not on they're own systems. Nintendo's first app, Miimoto was released today. Spoiler alert: That's probably gonna be my M post, lbvs. Or figure out how some of the most profitable game apps on these phones are actually free to download but make money from in app sales. Or advertisements, those annoying ads that pop up in the middle of a game so much that you're almost forced to buy the paid version just to keep your sanity. 

 I'm sure you know what apps are.
We all know what apps are. But they're are sooooooooo many of them it's hard to find the good ones without a recommendation so I'll be pointing out a few good ones to you over the course of this month. 


I ate a Donald Trump that was trying to eat a George Bush!
While I'm on that subject, I might as well tell you about my current newest addiction, a blob-eat-blob app called Agar.io. You're a blob in a sea of blobs, some of which are computer generated but most of
Then Obama ate me. I hope it ate that green blob on it's left!
which are other app users. The purpose of this very, very simple game is to become the biggest blob on the game and you do that by eating other blobs. Sounds easy right?





Well, it is. Eat until you're the biggest blob on the game. The problem is that it's the only rule on the game so EVERYBODY is trying to do the same thing. Another issue is speed. When you're a tiny dot, you're a speedster but just like in real life, the more weight you add the slower you move. You can chase a smaller blob forever and never catch it if it doesn't get as big as you and if it does that, then it's your turn to run. The only real chance a larger blob has of catching a smaller blob is if it spits a piece of itself at the smaller blob, essentially splitting itself in half which reminds me of my next piece of advise. Be careful!! All blobs aren't healthy for you! They're some green blobs with little spikes on them that will break you down into multiple much smaller, easier to eat blobs. If you're a smaller blob, these green blobs are like safe zones; the much bigger blogs will not want to eat you if you're around one of those things. 

I love this game now. The longest game I've played lasted 10 minutes. The quickest games don't even last 5... those other blobs are thirsty! If you can manage to eat like a few 100 minidots, you won't have as many predators as you do when you first start but there is almost ALWAYS another blob bigger than you somewhere out there.

That's it for now, WORLD. It's good to be back too. Thanks for having me again. Outta.

...into these icons.
Turn these icons...
WAITWAITWAITWAIT!! I almost forgot! I mentioned TWO apps in the title, right? The second game, Alchemy, isn't a typical type game but it's the first game I really liked on Androids, which makes it perfect for this post. The
game is a game for thinkers with a sense of humor. You start off with four icons: earth, wind, fire, and water. The object is to combine those icons to create over 300 more icons. For example when  you combine fire and air, you get energy. When you combine air and air, you get wind. When you combine earth and fire, you get lava. Combine lava and water and you'll get stone. This game is one for thinkers but almost anybody will enjoy it. NOW I'm outta, for real this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment